Safe arrival in Managua Nicaragua. Today wasn't a bad travel day. Three hour flight to Houston, 40 minute layover, then boarded the plane only to find out the pilot is stuck in traffic somewhere but we were only delayed about an hour, another three hour flight, and we arrived in Managua, Nicaragua safe and sound. The flight actually went by pretty fast for me because I picked up a copy of "Angels & Demons" to prep for the movie. I read quite a bit and am a little worried I'm going to sacrifice an hour of sleep or two tonight to keep going. I've missed reading for pleasure.
Paul and I are actually accompanied by about 30 BYU student athletes and a couple of their coaches. They are going to be working on a couple projects with us for about a week. We'll find out more tomorrow but we are to act as team leads because we speak Spanish (at least we claimed to on our applications). They brought a film crew with them to tape what goes on so hopefully it will become a documentary that will show up at the Sundance Film Festival next year.
I am both happy and excited to be here, and I'm anxious to find out what we'll be doing the next couple of days. The only real concern I have at this point in time is whether or not the delicious chocolate covered Oreos my sweet girlfriend sent with me will melt before I get to eat them all.

This sounds like a cool adventure Paul! I'm excited to follow your blog while your gone. Beware of the Swine Flu!
ReplyDeleteI just started my first post-year one book. Outliers by Gladwell. It is great to be reading again.
ReplyDelete